Becoming a member of First Commonwealth is easy!
- Verify Your Eligibility for Membership
- Complete an Online Account Application
- Schedule an appointment at one of our financial centers
You can join First Commonwealth if you:
- Are employed by one of our participating Select Employer Groups(SEGs) or are an immediate family* member of a SEG employee.
- Live, work, worship or attend school in one of our designated service areas.
- Are an immediate family member* of a current member.
- Belong to or join the American Consumer Council. If you are a consumer who lives in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, you may be eligible for credit union membership through the ACC. Ask for details.
All we require is an initial $5 deposit into a savings account to establish your membership.
For more information on eligibility, please use our Membership Qualifier or call us at 610.821.2403. Outside of the 610 area code, please call 1.888.821.2400.
* Immediate family members include spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step-sibling, foster or adoptive relationships. In addition, persons living in the same residence of an existing member, maintaining a single economic unit, are also eligible.