Closed for 2020. No longer accept any applications.
Get up to $5,000 in cash for a new home down payment and closing costs!
First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union offers a first-time home-buyer grant program funded by FHLBank Pittsburgh. Through First Front Door (FFD), if you qualify, First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who qualifies for First Front Door funding?
- Be a first-time homebuyer. This means you haven’t owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years – this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years.
- Secure a first mortgage through First Commonwealth.
- Meet certain income requirements.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
We will review these and other program requirements with you. First Front Door funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.