The new year is here – making it a great time to strengthen your savings and boost your bottom line! Just try out the exercises below, and you’ll be well on your way to achieving financial fitness.
- Get a jump on your holiday budget. Planning now will give you time to build up a nice stash of cash for seasonal spending. (Be sure to ask about our Holiday Club Account!)
- Bulk up your emergency fund. Having cash on hand in case of unexpected expenses is a smart financial move.
- Step up your savings. If you have several thousand dollars in a savings account, consider earning more with our Certificates or Money Market Accounts!
- Scale back on subscriptions. If you aren’t using a service enough to warrant the monthly fee, cancel it.
- Flex your financial benefits. If your employer offers to match your 401k contribution when you contribute a certain percentage, accept it. And research other benefits, too.
- Power up your money plan. Write down your monthly income and bills, set goals, keep track of miscellaneous costs, and assess periodically to see where you can cut back.
- Control your spending. Be aware of where every single dollar goes. Avoid stores where you’ll be tempted to spend.
- Exercise your right to negotiate. When starting a job, many people fail to negotiate a high enough salary – which can add up to thousands of lost dollars over a lifetime.
- Activate online banking. You’ll enjoy easy access to your money and can also take advantage of the budgeting tools we have available.