HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF:
- Keep your Social Security card and passport in a safe place. Do not carry them with you unless absolutely necessary.
- Limit the amount of identifying information, including credit cards, you carry.
- Shred all financial information, such as unsolicited convenience checks, applications, and bank statements.
- Do not give out information by phone, unless you initiated the call or know the person.
- Pay attention to billing cycles and follow up if bills don't arrive on time.
- Report lost or stolen checks to your financial institution immediately, so payments can be blocked on the check immediately, so payments can be blocked on the check numbers involved.
- Closely guard your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and online banking password.
To learn more about protecting yourself from identity theft, contact us today.