Cellular Protection FAQ

Cell phones have become an everyday necessity for the average person and can be expensive to replace. Fortunately, Cellular Telephone Protection is available which provides coverage for damage and theft.

This benefit is available to all Visa Signature Empower card holders who pay their monthly cellular wireless phone bill the month prior to the damage occurring.

What is covered?

• If You have personal insurance that covers theft, damage or involuntary and accidental parting for Your cell phone, this benefit reimburses You for the deductible portion of Your cell phone insurance.

• If You do not have personal insurance, the benefit reimburses up to $250.00 per claim as determined by your benefit administrator with a maximum of two (2) claims and $250.00 per twelve (12) month period.

How will I be reimbursed?

Depending on the nature and circumstances of Your claim, the Benefit Administrator may choose to repair or replace Your cell phone with benefits totaling up to $250 in reimbursement.

  • Up to $250.00 after the fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible has been applied to the replacement or repair cost

  • Or- The current cellular wireless service provider’s suggested retail value of a similar model replacement cell phone, or the actual cost to replace it, whichever is lower less your fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible.

  •  Or -If Your cell phone is repairable, You will receive an amount as determined by the diagnostic to repair the cell phone less Your fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible.

How do I file a cellular protection claim?

  • Within sixty (60) days of the date of the damage or theft, notify the Benefit Administrator at 1-866-894-8569 or outside the U.S. call collect at 1- 303- 967-1096. The Benefit Administrator will ask You some preliminary questions and send You the appropriate claim form. Please note, if You do not notify the Benefit Administrator within sixty (60) days after the damage or theft, Your claim may be denied. 

  • Return the completed, signed claim form and the requested documentation below within ninety (90) days of the date of the damage or theft to the address provided by the Benefit Administrator. For faster filing, or to learn more about Cellular Telephone Protection, visit www.cardbenefitservices.com

What documents will I need to file?

  • The completed signed claim form.
  • A copy of your cellular wireless service provider billing statement demonstrating that the entire monthly payment for the cellular wireless phone bill was made the month prior to the date of damage or theft and has been paid with the eligible card.
    • If your cellular wireless service provider’s billing statement doesn’t show payment with the eligible card, a copy of Your card monthly billing statement that corresponds with the above cellular wireless phone monthly billing statement.
  • A copy of the device summary page from Your cellular wireless phone bill or other sufficient proof of the claimed cell phone model linked to Your cell phone account.
  • If the claim is due to theft or criminal action, a copy of the police report filed within forty-eight (48) hours of the event.

If the cell phone is damaged, do not discard it until the claim has been fully reviewed.
Based on the details of the claim, the Benefits Administrator may request additional verification.

Complete Cellular Protection Details