At First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union, we're all about DOING GOOD to improve the lives of our members, friends and neighbors in the Greater Lehigh Valley and beyond. As a thriving not-for-profit financial cooperative, we believe it is both our responsibility and privilege to GIVE BACK to our communities by helping improve lives every day through contributions and partnerships, community engagement and events, financial empowerment, sustainability and creating a diverse and inclusive community.
Giving back and doing good has come naturally to use since 1959. But now, we're taking these actions to new heights through our Corporate Social Responsibility initiative and creation of The First Commonwealth FCU WE Thrive Foundation (WE Thrive).
We work tirelessly every day to make connections and build relationships that bring individuals, families and communities together toward this common goal of financial empowerment for all -- one initiative, one family, one individual and one dollar at a time. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Teams strive to enhance the quality of life and dignity of individuals throughout the Greater Lehigh Valley by focusing on:
- COMMUNITY EVENTS & ENGAGEMENT - As a local financial institution, we aim to not only benefit our members, but also to have a positive impact on the community as a whole. Community engagement reflects our mission and values, who we are as a company and one of the single biggest ways we individually and collectively come together to help fill a need in our community through volunteerism, events, fundraising activities, education, youth mentorship and more.
- FINANCIAL LITERACY - We believe that education is the key to financial confidence. By offering not only the products our members need, but also the information and knowledge they seek to achieve financial wellness, we can have a far greater impact on our members lives. Thats why we offer access to free educational resources and programs designed by our Certified Financial Wellness Coaches aimed at enriching your life. So go ahead: Dream bigger. Reach higher. And go farther. You now have a financial partner on your side who's ready to help you thrive.
- SUSTAINABILITY - Maintaining sustainability in our everyday business is important to us, we are mindful of recycling, resuing, repurposing and donating. We're on an important journey to transform the way we do business so we can be kinder and gentler in the way we impact our communities and our planet.
- SCHOLARSHIPS - It is one of our greatest joys to support the aspirations of young people in our community through education scholarship funds. Each year, we offer scholarships to members to pursue educational opportunties to help them grow, thrive and discover their passion. WE Thrive not only helps graduating high school senior members with the costs of higher education, but also provides grants for underprivileged youth and teens to be used toward private education or other learning opportunities.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION - As the Greater Lehigh Valley area grows into an increasingly welcoming and thriving global business presence, we are committed to educating our communities on diversity and inclusion. We believe the key to success is to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - and to work diligently every day to advance in our diversity journey and build up our practices.
- CONTRIBUTIONS & PARTERNSHIPS - We're proud to support many non-profit organizations financially, as well as with our time and talent. We seek to develop corporate and community partnerships, generate philanthropic support, and award grants in support of the mission of the WE Thrive Foundation. Our Contributions & Partnerships Team reviews and awards grants on a monthly basis. To submit a contribution request, please complete this form.
We hope these endeavors are reflective of who we are at First Commonwealth and in the Greater Lehigh Valley community - generous, compassionate and kind people, who are focused on the greater good. As we move forward in the years to come, we challenge ourselves to empower people to reach their full potential and be purposeful in our decisions and actions as our business and community evolve.